It’s time for another Austin Sports Medicine 101 class! It’s that time of year again – for many of us, a new year means it’s time to reflect on the past while making plans for a better future. Resolutions are a great way to put new focus on improving ourselves in a variety of ways. Did you know the benefits of acupuncture can also help you achieve many of your resolutions? Read on for our thoughts on how to keep your resolutions through visiting your acupuncturist in 2013!
- Stop smoking. Acupuncture has assisted a large number of smokers with quitting. In fact, it’s been shown that acupuncture may help people eliminate several types of addictions. The treatments focus on providing relaxation and detoxification, but they also aid in eliminating withdrawal symptoms like the jitters and restlessness.
- Eliminate stress. Everyone wants less stress in their lives, but not many people know how to go about it. Acupuncture has been shown to lower blood pressure, anxiety and stress. And since stress can often lead to physical illness, acupuncture has an added benefit in staving that off.
- Natural pain remedies. More and more, people are seeking out natural ways to relieve pain conditions. Acupuncture is the perfect solution. It has no side effects and can help eliminate all types of pain. It can also help speed up healing because it allows for increased circulation and attraction of white blood cells to the injured area.
- Lose weight. This is, by far, the most popular resolution made every year. Acupuncture and oriental medicine assist in weigh management by helping with digestion, calming emotions, lowering appetites, increasing metabolism, and eliminating food cravings.
- Learn something new. If your New Year’s resolution involves expanding your knowledge, you’ll need to be sharp. Studies have shown that acupuncture helps with memory, mental clarity, concentration and cognitive functions.