It’s time for another Austin Sports Medicine 101 class!
Today let’s review what many consider to be the eight pillars of a nutritious life.
- Drink Up: It’s no secret that staying hydrated is one of the things I emphasize most, and with good reason. Proper hydration allows our bodies to function optimally.
- Eat Empowered: Nutrient-rich, clean foods benefit your body in too many ways to count. We don’t focus on what you can’t eat, we celebrate the foods you can eat.
- Exercise Steady: No surprise here. Staying active keeps you fit, helps you sleep, and ensures you have the energy you need to power through the day.
- Pamper Thyself: Simple, small indulgences can affect your attitude and outlook in huge ways. Don’t forget to take care of yourself mentally as well as physically — go get a massage.
- Sex Ed: There’s a link between libido and health issues such as weight, and the emotional and mental benefits are immeasurable when it comes to being intimate with your partner.
- Sleep Deep: A good night’s sleep leads to more energy, better decision-making, and a happier you.
- Stress Less: Stress is that sneaky little devil that can derail all of your good planning and self-discipline. Manage your stress, and you’ll find everything else falling into place much more easily.
- Your World: I feel that you can’t be a truly well rounded, healthy person if all your focus is within. Take some time in your busy life to turn your attention to improving your surroundings.