It’s time for another Austin Sports Medicine 101 class!
Wouldn’t it be great if there were a miracle food that tasted amazing, provided you with all of the basic nutrients you need to survive, and made you lose weight? Well guess what? There’s not. So sorry! Proper nutrition takes work. The good news is there are some foods that have bonus qualities that may aid in weight loss.
- Recent studies show that the caffeine in coffee raises your metabolic rate for up to three hours after you drink it.
- But when it comes to caffeinated drinks, nothing beats green tea, which along with the boost in metabolic rate also has loads of a type of antioxidant that may aid in burning fat.
- Nuts like almonds and walnuts have three ways to help you lose weight:
- They provide you with monounsaturated fats that may help you lose weight in your mid-section.
- They’re a source of fiber, helping you to feel full.
- They have a great crunch, which alone helps to keep you satisfied.
SO remember, there are foods that work little miracles out there. They aren’t magic and proper nutrition still takes a lot of work, but incorporating these foods into your diet will help you on your way.