It’s time for another Austin Sports Medicine 101 class!
Have you heard of the Texas Tri Series? Medicine in Motion is excited to gear up once again for these events in 2015. Here’s a little background on the Series:
- The Texas Tri (short for triathlon) Series is a group of seven separate triathlons and a finisher party, most of which are held in Austin.
- The triathlons are held about once a month for six months, beginning in May and ending in September with the finisher party in November.
- Participants must volunteer and/or participate in six of the seven events to complete the series.
- The CapTex Tri counts toward participation but not toward timing.
- One event is held outside of Austin in Kerrville.
- The unique part about this series of events is that they encourage their participants to participate in EVERY race – either as a competitor or a volunteer.
- This series is managed by High Five Events which is a multi-sport event production company based in Austin.
- Founded in 2006 as a spin-off of Jack & Adam’s Bicycles, High Five Events has grown to produce many of the largest and most acclaimed events in the south Midwest.
- The company prides itself in producing safe, extremely well organized, and incredibly enjoyable events.