Medical Director Services
Dr. Pyron’s Services as Medical Director:
- Determine the appropriate safety and medical coverage needed based on the sporting event
- Provide expert level injury prevention and injury care before, during, and after the sporting event
- Provide medical assessments with the goal of the participant continuing the event without further injury
- If it is found to be unsafe, optimal medical care will be provided to avoid further injury
Dr. Pyron, a Board Certified Sports Medicine Physician, has worked with collegiate level athletic teams as the Team Physician, as well as Medical Director with several major sporting events, such as the Ironman Triathlon and the Austin Marathon. Years of focused sport medicine experience in the clinic as well as on the field have allowed Dr. Pyron and her staff to efficiently care for all athletes.
An athlete herself, Dr. Pyron is in a unique position to determine when a participant is no longer fit to continue the race, or when transport for advanced medical care is required. Dr. Pyron analyzes the potential for injury and illness and creates safety protocols specific to each event in accordance with best medical practices.
Team Physician Services
Dr. Pyron’s Services as Team Physician include pre-participation examinations with:
- Concussion baseline and balance testing
- Chronic illness management
- Injury prevention
- On field or race emergency care
- Quick access to Medicine In Motion for injury management
- Return to play protocols to maximize performance while preventing re-injury
Medicine In Motion is a sport medicine clinic uniquely positioned to provide comprehensive care for athletic teams of all skill levels. Dr. Pyron’s residency in Family Medicine and fellowship in Sports Medicine along with her experience as the team physician for Penn State University and the University of Texas in Austin shaped her exceptional skill set and experience needed to take care of athletes. Dr. Pyron and her team works together to form an athletic care network that is involved with the care of athletes on and off the field. Medicine In Motion also provides safety consultations with event organizers and administrators.